
Here are a couple of different strategies that are kind of similar.
Strategy 2: Separate your head from your heart
First, stay away from games that your favorite teams are playing in. It is hard to be objective when you have so much emotion invested in a team/game. There is a certain follower of this page and I won’t mention his name, but he bets his favorite team every week and so far this year they have not been very good against the spread. Look, you are going to be happy or mad based on how your team does without gambling involved, putting money into it will just make your more upset when they lose. How about if they win, but don’t cover… that sucks. A lot of times people want to bet their teams games because they think they know more about their squad than everyone else, it doesn’t work like that. Separate your head from your heart and you will be a happy gambler.
Strategy 3: Key in on your Conference
It is way easier to be objective about teams in your own conference than it is about your team. “Your conference” is whatever one you favorite team plays in. I’m a UK guy, so mine would be the SEC obviously. I have watched way more teams in the SEC play than any other and I feel like that gives me a pretty good idea of how they will match up with one another when they play. It does help me that they best football in the country is played in the SEC… I can’t imagine being a “Big 10 guy.” However, I’m sure a Michigan fan could tell me a lot more about Northwestern than he could Mississippi State and vice versa. Betting teams you are familiar with, but don’t necessarily like will make you a happy gambler.
No comments:
Post a Comment