Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"U.K." in the "Ville"

I am in Louisville this week for work and have been to several bars, restaraunts, stores and gas stations the last few days. I haven't been in the "Ville" for a while, other than making a few trips to Churchill to wager on the ponies, so maybe it has always been like this, but I have see A LOT of U.K. apparel/items. Is it just me or is there a lot more "Blue" in Louisville, opposed to "Red" in Lexington. I frequent Lexington and don't really recal seeing much Louisville Cardinal gear in the town, other than douche bags from Louisville wearing their school colors in an "all blue" town. Maybe it is my complete disregard for Louisville and I don't notice it, but I don't believe so. The BW's I was at last night had a large U.K. schedule up on the walls. Really? I could never imagine a Cards basketball schedule in a BW's in Lexington. And if there was, it would be torn down and burnt by some drunk, or sober U.K. fan. Now I have to ask the question: Has there always been "blue" in Louisville? Or is this because of the emergence of U.K. being ranked top 5 and bringing in one of the hottest coaches in college basketball? My guess would be it is a little of both.

Next time you are in Louisville, which would probably not be until May for the Derby, because I couldnt imagine any other reason to really come here, look and see if you see a lot of "blue" in the Ville. Also, is there Louisville Cardinal stuff ALL over Lexington?
I need some answers folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment