Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Trio of Turkey Day Picks


Ahh yes, Thanksgiving. A time to relax from hectic work week and gather together with family and friends. A time to indulge ourselves in wonderful food and desserts. And most importantly, a time to remind ourselves of all the things we're thankful for. Well we here at BluegrassBookie are thankful for many things, and NFL football is one of those many things. So if you're on board with us, and I know you are, then you're ready to watch some of the most boring matchups on the NFL schedule. Do yourself a favor and make the games interesting by wagering with your family or local legalized gambling facility.
The Matchups:
Green Bay Packers (-11.5) @ Detroit Lions
The Packers and Aaron Rodgers have looked a little better in the past couple of weeks. The Lions beat the Browns in the most surprising fashion ever...winning by one point 38-37. The problem I'm having with actually picking the Lions at home on Thanksgiving is that (besides the fact that they have been dominated for the last 5 years on Thanksgiving) is that Matt Stafford is doubtful and Calvin Johnson is questionable. That's not a good recipe for beating the spread, even at home. I'm taking the Packers who should unleash that passing game all over the Lions secondary.
Oakland Raiders @ Dallas Cowboys (-13.5)
This is my surprise pick of Turkey Day. I'm so mad that the Raiders beat my Bengals last week, but it's not going to stop me from taking them in Dallas. I don't think that the Raiders are actually going to beat Dallas, but I think they can keep Dallas from covering. Jerra Jones wants the Boys to focus more on the running game and less on the passing game, but we all know that with Tony Romo running the show he's going to be pass happy. Bad news for Dallas, Witten could be out, and so could be Dallas' chances of covering.
New York Giants (-6.5) @ Denver Broncos
The Giants pulled out a win over the Atlanta Falcons last week at home and Eli Manning looked more like himself from earlier this season. The Broncos on the other hand... well after starting out 6-0, they have lost 4 in a row; including that debauchel last week with Saint Diego. I definitely agree with Dubs on the fact that having Chris Simms as your quaterback is never a good thing. Denver may get Orton back this week, but I expect the Giants to cover the spread. The G-men are 3-2 ATS on the road this season.
Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment