Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Little East and The Moutain Best Preview


Thats right I am Back Baby! So the boys at the Bookie decided that we would split up conferences and give you a little preseason preview to help boost you bank account through the 1st couple weeks of the season. I was lucky enough to pick The Mountain West and The Big East, two very different conferences as far as question marks go.

Lets start with the Little East's Question Marks?
-Can Noel Devine and a returning group of talented veterans bring a Big East title back to the West Virigina?
-Can a Randy Edsall take one more step with the UCONN Huskies from a non factor a couple years ago to conference champs?
-Will UC be able to stop anybody or are they going to have to score 45 point to win a game?
-Can Charlie Stong turn the Cardinals into a less embarising team than last year?
-Is ther anything about USF, Rutgers or Syracus worth mentioning?

And the answers are: As much as I think Bill Stewart would be a better school bus driver than football coach I can't pick against the talent he has this year. To many talanted players coming back with an extra year of experince, Take the 3-1 to win the Big East and root for the Pittsnogals

UCONN gets really close this year and continues to improve but they fall just a little short. They are a great bet week 1 though against Michigan, They are getting 3 points and did not lose a game by more than 4 points last year.

UC will not be able to stop enough people to matter this year. They are losing 5 defensive starters off of a very weak defense from last year. Play the over in the first 3 games because they will score and get scored on ALOT!

Charlie Strong makes Louisville better but he is still working with limited talent, so don't expect an istant turn around cardinals fans. I would take the 3.5 against the Wildcats though on the opening week. A rivialy game, in their new stadium, with their new coach, I think they might be a little geared up.

No they wont matter on the National Stage or the Big East. O and before someone tells me I should consider Pitt go look at the end of their schedule with tough strech of confernence games after getting beat up at the beginning of their season out of conference.

Now we get into the real deal "The Moutain Best!"
If I was a betting man...I would say that no one really cares about the Moutian West other than myself on this side of the Mississippi. So I am going to keep this part shot, but give you the lock of the college football season. TCU is a really good football team regardless of how big or well known they are. But with that being said, I dont think they are going to be as good as they were last year. Being ranked preseason number 6 will make you complacint and vonurable to an upset. Your suprise team this year is going to San Diego State who has not had a winning season in 11 years, but they get it done this year. Under second-year head man Brady Hoke who has one of the league’s most explosive passing attacks with Ryan Lindley at QB they will score enough points to win some games.
*But your LOCK of the college season is Utah over 7.5 wins! This is a team that is going into the PAC-10 next season and has been recruting like it. They have 3 stud running backs
Matt Asiata, Eddie Wide, and Sausan Shakerin who will tear up yards on the ground this year. They also have quit a few of player returing on defense that beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl 2 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment